I don’t think it’s any secret that I love Paula Deen’s recipes. She just recently came out with a cookbook, Paula Deen Cuts the Fat and this is the first recipe I’ve made from it so far. The cookbook appears to have quite a bit of great recipes, with what appears to be reduced butter content. Get ready to see more of adaptations of fantastic recipes like this to come in the future!
This recipe is a great summer addition for any cookout. It has a great and unique flavor, which combines cucumbers and watermelon, I wouldn’t have thought they would be so good together, but they go really well together, especially with the addition of the fresh basil. It’s been hot, hot, hot here and this was a refreshing additional to our cookout yesterday. Enjoy and let me know what you think!
- 4 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups watermelon, cut into 1" cubes
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, cut into 1" slices then quartered
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- salt to taste
- Add the lime juice and olive oil to a small bowl and whisk together.
- Add the watermelon, cucumbers, and basil to a large bowl.
- Add the lime dressing to the fruit and toss until combined.
- Add salt to taste and serve chilled.
4 tsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp olive oil
4 cups watermelon, cut into 1″ cubes
2 cucumbers, peeled, cut into 1″ slices then quartered
1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
salt to taste
Step 1: Add the lime juice and olive oil to a small bowl and whisk together.
Step 2: Add the watermelon, cucumbers, and basil to a large bowl.
Step 3: Add the lime dressing to the fruit and toss until combined.
Step 4: Add salt to taste and serve chilled.
Adapted from Watermelon Cucumber Salad with Fresh Basil from the Paula Deen Cuts the Fats Cookbook